Wednesday 17 June 2009

Catch Up

Im actually now on day no 6 at Sausage factory. MY GOD tomorrow I will have completed a week!!

So here I catch up on a few interesting (to me) snippets.

Dale the underboss went out on Friday nite and got merry, and merrily recounted stories of his mate throwing up in the middle of a local pub. I bet that went down well since this particular establishment is quite well known for its culinary prowess. Yum!

Dana the Polish woman got chatty on Saturday, when everything was more relaxed, and I learnt that shes an absolute hunny. Shes smart, and shes got it all sussed. Shes been here long enough to learn the language, and considering when she started in this country, she couldnt speak a word, I think her intelligence speaks for itself. I have absolute respect for her. Not least of all because she has to deal with total dummies like me, who not only cannot say a bloody word in Polish, but also stand at the end of the conveyor belt waiting for sausage packages to crate up, without turning it on!!!! Heaven help her is all I can say.

Steve the boss is milling about, looking serious and worried as if the orders late, and everyones beavering away packing under his watchful gaze.
Suddenly as Dana goes behind me I get a sharp fingerpoke in the back. She doesnt even break stride, never says a word, never looks my way, until shes right at the door about to leave us, and I see her look back. I am dying to laugh my head off but I dont dare, but I do look up long enough to see her look back, and give a half-supressed wry grin. I know what shes doing, and she does too, we are consolidating friendship, partners in crime (albeit about the least crime you could be guilty of!), and I know my grin, which she responded to, before disappearing, says yes thats what we are and will be.

My final addition to this piece, involves the fact that I use eyes and ears to read the whole situation and pick it up quick despite being profoundly short sighted and partially deaf! Dale the undermanager I heard saying that they had begun to create a real working team over the past week/fortnight, and hearing some stories about those that have gone before and how they came to fail, I can understand why he said that. I am, I must say this, Proud to be part of a team that is beginning to take shape, and working together well. I sincerely hope we go on to be the best team that ever was.

Goodnite.

No comments:

Post a Comment