Friday 19 June 2009

That Friday Feeling

Im not entirely sure why I love Fridays so much. Somehow they are unique, even if you are (sadly, like me,) working the next day.

Theres a kind of frivolity to the day, as if to say hang it, even though we are still working at full tilt. (And believe me we are getting faster, if anything, I THINK)


Ok so halfway thru the morning, I am trying to lose a bit of empty sausage skin, and kind of flick it with the intention of it going back in the box - and hit smacks Dana clean on the arm. Oops. Within five minutes of this particular incident, Dana tries to lose a bit of excess sausage filling by flicking it into the box. It stayed on her fingers, and it decided to miss the box entirely, and end up behind us on the wall. This big Glob of porky-goo. We both looked behind us at this glob, and I quipped "Modern Art", and left it at that. Poor Dana however, did make an effort for the cleaners sake and scrape it off. I left my "other" job today, amid much fanfare, toasting, bottles of wine, gifts of socks, and an enormous bouquet which is currently covering most of the dining table. Very nice, but I never shed a tear, and I dont regret my decision. It was the right thing to do, and I think we make a good team, good workers, very even, I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment